Thank you so much to Fifth in the Middle and I Heart Recess...how cute is that blog name?! The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs.
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers and link them in your post.
- No tag back, but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you!
Random things about me....
- I made a bazillion Pretzel, Hershey, M&M treats to take to my sister-in-law's (my brother's wife) family (who happen to live 4 hours away and I was meeting them for the first time) AND forgot them in our freezer!!! Good thing I didn't forget the Bugles, cheerios, pretzels, M&Ms, goldfish snack mix and cute napkins! Huge hit! I think I could have just brought the bag of Bugles and would have been golden!
- I'm working on my director of technology certification.
- My daughter is the fourth generation to live in our house.
- I'm the leader for my daughter's girl scout troop and we have a meeting tomorrow. I'm only half prepared!
- I picked out my china and crystal (and my parents bought it) when I was in fourth grade.
- We have the cutest 2 dogs! A Yorkie and a Maltipoo! They are the best of friends!
- I love making wreaths! Here is my latest...
9. I am working on a huge project, an outdoor learning environment for my school.
10. I just received 2 grants, one written with 2 other teachers for a Family Science Night and one for an after school program I started called GEMS. GEMS is Girls Excelling in Math and Science. We have over 160 girls participating!
11. I have the most amazing husband! When the school year starts...he does laundry, cooks, cleans and is extremely supportive of my craziness.
My responses are a blend of questions asked by Fifth in the Middle and I Heart Recess! I know that there are only supposed to be 11, but I liked their questions!
- What is your favorite classroom holiday activity? April Fool's Activity-Followind Directions Prank
- What is your favorite freebie? An appetizer! :-)
- What is your favorite holiday dish?
- Black Friday or Cyber Monday? This year, Black Friday. Sweet Shoppe was having a 40% graphics sale. I stocked up!
- Where is your favorite place to shop for your teaching wardrobe? Macy's
- Summer or winter? Summer
- What is your favorite TV show? The Housewives of....take your pick, I watch them all. Guilty pleasure!
- What is your favorite dessert? Chips and salsa. I know...it really isn't dessert, but for me, it is!
- What is your favorite sports team? San Antonio Spurs
- Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip? Mayonnaise (especially on white bread and leftover turkey!)
- What is your dream job (other than teaching)? Owner of a boutique
- What is one thing you wish you were better at? Grading papers in a timely manner and working out!
- Do you have a TpT store? If yes, post the link. My store! Thanks for visiting! A big figurative language unit coming soon.
- What do you fear? Fire.
- What is your favorite holiday tradition? Cookie Bake with family and friends. We invite family and friends over to decorate cookies. Whatever you decorate, you take home. It is my mother-in-law's recipe! There is an ingredient in it that I refuse to acknowledge, but man, they are good!!!!! They are the BEST cookies ever and so is the icing! Frozen is the best!
- What is your favorite subject to teach? Science!
- How many students do you have? 24 precious darlings!
- Who do you admire most and why? My mother. She was the most positive, kind hearted, always saw the good... person I have ever known!
My questions for nominees...
1. Beach or Snow?
2. Sweet or Salty?
3. Do you collect anything? If so, what? If not, what would you start collecting?
4. Family tradition?
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
6. If you could change one thing in education, what would it be?
7. What is your favorite dinner recipe?
8. Do you have a TpT store? If yes, what's the link?
9. What is your best teaching memory?
10. Something you have always wanted to do?
11. The lottery question...what would be your first purchase?
Blogs I'm nominating...
2. Mrs. B's Best - Ideas and Ramblings
11. PJ Jots