Monday, August 4, 2014

Desktop Organization

Brilliant, I tell you! Brilliant!
I have to be honest, I stumbled upon the Science Teaching Junkie's blog. Must have been one of those rabbit holes!

Nevertheless, I am thankful that I did. It was exactly the push I needed to organize my desktop. You see, my desktop was (notice the word was) a hot mess! Folder within folder within folder of files and images. There were times throughout the school year when I had to present to teachers so I would create a file labeled "Stuff" and drag and drop everything on my desktop into it! (Can't be embarrassed by all the stuff on my desktop!) I think I had Stuff 1, Stuff 2, Stuff 3 . . . maybe a few more . . . at least that's all I'm admitting to at this point.

So, when I came across the Science Teaching Junkie's  post about Organize Your Desktop, I froze!
Super cute! Chevron! Adorable frames! Say-what?!!!

The clouds parted . . . the angels began to sing . . . the post was speaking to me!
Ok, maybe that's a tad bit dramatic . . .

Today, I worked for hours purging and organizing.

The final product!


I had to play with the sizing to fit my screen. Shayna does a great job of explaining how to create the background for your desktop. Head over to her blog to check it out! Plus, read about her other great teaching ideas.

(The new and improved and organized ITS!)

No comments:

Post a Comment