Sunday, August 3, 2014

From Lake to Beach...days of fun!

Every summer, my niece stays with us for a week and vice versa.  My daughter and niece are the best of friends! The week started off with meeting my sister-in-law, brother-in-law, nephew and niece at the lake.


Brought the puppies ~ Cliff jumping ~ Haywire flying ~ Just chill'n

My new favorite . . . grilled bacon wrapped cabbage! My sister-in-law shared the recipe! 
Seriously, fantastic! 
Frozen tortilla throwing! Who knew deer loved frozen tortillas?!



From lake to beach! 
Cousin besties on the beach!
Waves crashing, seagulls soaring, and a whole lot of nothing! Wednesday, I sat the entire day and did nothing - when I say nothing, I mean no checking social media or thinking about school!

I was introduced to the "Circle of Death!" 
Crab hunting at night! Flashlights in tow, we were off to the beach after dark. Shine the flashlights in the sand and find the crawling night life! My niece was the expert at scooping up the crabs. What is the "Circle of Death?" 
Once, you have enough crabs (deemed by the group) everyone stands in a tight circle. Then, the crabs are released in the center! I'm no fool! I wanted nothing to do with this, so the crabs were actually released in a deep hole the girls found.  It's hard to see and most dug down in the sand, but we had about 25 crabs!
(Disclaimer: at no time were any of the crabs harmed!)


There is nothing better than creating lasting memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment