Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Fab Hubby and Awesome Daughter

Last Friday, the 3:00 bell rang, very excited students were heading out with their parents after a fabulous class party...I was heading out with 102. 4 temperature. Yes, it is true. It was not exactly how I had expected to spend my first few days of the break!!!!

Boy, was I sick! Sick, like I have never been before! Sick, like I don't remember most it, except for the chills, sweats, sore throat, aches, cough, stuffy nose...rinse and repeat for 4 days! All I kept thinking about was all the things I needed to get finished before Christmas. Thank goodness my shopping was complete, but hubby's stuff was not wrapped... no little stocking stuffers for daughter ...Christmas breakfast food not purchased...ugh!

In comes, Awesome Daughter! During my chills, sweats, sore throat, aches, cough, stuffy nose induced coma, my daughter and her friend wrapped all the gifts! She is the best. She even told me not to worry, she would sneak out early Christmas morning and stuff daddy's stocking with his treats. She would even come in every so often and would pat my hand. Awww! Love that girl.

Now, the hubby, he has been beyond fabulous. He kept me hydrated, brought medicine, listened to me whine, cleaned, cooked, did laundry, finished stocking stuffer shopping, prepared for Santa's visit and made me chicken noodle soup.

Overall, we had a great Christmas! Pigs in the blanket for breakfast, gift unwrapping frenzy, fantastic turkey and sides at the in-laws and an evening of Rummikub and Mexican Train!




4 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte:
    I learned a lot from your blog today. I just edited a online news story with PrintWhatYouLike!
    I hope that you are feeling better and that your New Year will be a happy one!

    I am glad to be a new follower...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I am much better...almost 100%
      Heading over to your blog!

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog over at Rowdy in First Grade:) Sounds like a fun bloggy meet up. Glad you are feeling better!

    What an amazing family you have!
    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time!
      My family is pretty awesome! My husband is painting a bed for my daughter right now! He is in go-go-go mode!
      Can't wait to check out your blog.
      Charlotte

      Delete