1. Wednesday, our school had Papa John's Pizza night! This is not just any ordinary night! Oh...no! Families from our school, pre-ordered or called in their pizza orders and the teachers delivered! It is sooo much fun. Parents volunteered to be the drivers and the teachers deliver! This year, the theme was "Cooking up Some Fun" so, I decorated my chef hat and delivered pizza until 8:00pm! Our school gets a percentage of the sales and 100% of the tips. I got about $150 in tips for the evening!
2. My precious student from Taiwan gave me this card today. I was so overwhelmed! It is a thank-you card that he created and had someone translate to English for him. His birthday was last Friday and I realized that he probably didn't know that most students bring cupcakes to share with the class. I ran to our local grocery store and bought cookies for him to share. I also spoke with our p.e. teacher and had her set up the mats in the gym. He is an amazing gymnast! He performed for us....so cool! His mom stopped by Thursday and wanted to take my picture...now I know why.
3. Lines---perpendicular, parallel and intersecting! To go along with geometry in the real world, my students created maps and line related questions to show their understanding of this standard. (Sorry about the shadow!)
Going to post more on that lesson later. Stay tuned!
4. Today, I was named the Teacher of the Year for our district. This is the announcement from my principal's weekly newsletter. Huge honor...very humbled!
5. Yummy! My all time favorite pizza for dinner tonight!