Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Class Theme Continues

Lights, Camera, Learn!
Last year, it started with a few things "movie" related. This year the theme continues. I'll go up to school tomorrow to start working in my room. I did sneak in a few weeks ago to get a few things. My room was sooo clean and the floors were sooo shiny!

I created a few items to make my live easier this year.



These are my math group cards that I post on my board. Popcorn shaped cards with a student's name will be under the team card.
My board is magnetic, so these all have magnets on the back.
Since, I do small group instruction for math, I move my students in and out of groups based on interest or how quickly they catch on to a concept. Magnets make it quick and easy for movement!
These are some of my math station rotation cards. Last year, I wrote them on paper. Way too many trees used! Magnets are attached to the back of these cards.
My students love to rotate the cards. I should make it a class job!

I'll post more pictures.
I'm trying to convince my husband I need a stage in my classroom!
How fun would that be?!!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Have you seen the popcorn canisters in the Target dollar bins? One of my coworkers uses them for pens and sharpened/unsharpened pencils. Also, have you seen this site? http://www.mrsvandyke.com/hollywood.htm I remembered coming across it before when I was trying to help my coworker. :)

    ~Mimi
    5thGradeRocks,5thGradeRules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up big popcorn tubs at Dollar Tree! Usually, I just have a basket at a group of desks so I can put papers or supplies for the day in them. Then, the "team captain" which now might be "table director" can pass them out. I might have to find the smaller ones for pens!
      Thanks for that site. She has some great documents.
      Charlotte

      Delete