Monday, April 15, 2013

Fashion a Fish!

Continuing with the Interactions in Ecosystems...
My students are finishing up their Fashion a Fish project! This is another activity from
Project Wild...Aquatic.
It just so happens that someone has posted the lesson...(not me!)


The scenario...



Each table got a set of cards. We talked about the different adaptations. I just happen to have 2 resident fish experts in may class! Seriously, these brothers (both in my class) are fanatics about fishing! They speak a different language when they talk about fishing or the fish they own. They are amazing!

My students then designed their new found fish! I explained that their fish needed to be realistic, not some alien fish.  My students kept going to the brothers to see if what they were drawing was realistic! It was sooo cute!
Today, they finished up their fish picture and started a scientific write up. 
Here are a few finished fish!
This one is from my little guy that has been in the country for 4 months!



I'll post more later this week as they finish up. I'm trying to come up with a really cool bulletin board to display their hard work.
There are some really amazing drawings.


Thoughts and prayers to the people of Boston. Such a tragedy...

1 comment: