Saturday, October 25, 2014

iTunes University

The last few days I have been at the Austin, TX Apple Campus. It is an amazing place! I wish I had pictures to share, but taking pictures is forbidden . . .

I was working with 150+  educators from across the state of Texas. We have been tasked with developing interactive, online content for learning standards. You might be familiar with iTunes University. In the past iTunes U has been mainly 6th grade through university courses. It is also a resource for just about any subject area and even teaching resources. (Download the app and take a look around!)

Here's a look at my library . . .

They are now adding K-5 courses for the core subject areas. Even though these lessons are aligned with Texas standards, anyone (not just Texas teachers) can use these them.


Here's a sneak peek! 

In each of these courses, teachers can find the integration of great apps, websites, videos for lessons.  The official roll out is set for January 2015. 

In the 2 days I was there, I met several great educators with so many wonderful teaching ideas and resources. We all go back to the Apple campus in November to finish up, but in the meantime . . . I can share some some of the great apps I learned about while collaborating with those fabulous Texas teachers!

Sorry, but it must wait until tomorrow. I've procrastinated enough! I need to write a paper on how our campus budget aligns to our campus improvement plan . . . sounds fun, doesn't it! (Gotta love grad school!)

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Charlotte,

    This is a great post! I would love to feature it on Edtechbages! Especially since the official roll out is in January! Perfect timing! I'll email you! Have a great winter break!!

    ReplyDelete